An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Turtle???
The kids are regular little chatterboxes these days and can surprise you with the things they say. On the way home last week we saw someone riding their bicycle. Katie pointed it out and then said I wanna pink bicycle. Tyler of course, said he wanted a pink bicycle too (but he changed it to blue thankfully)! I told them they had to tell Santa (in hopes that this year they will sit on his lap without screaming). They are starting to "get" Santa and they know that Santa says Ho Ho Ho. Since Thanksgiving is coming up (!) I asked them what a turkey says, too. I thought they got it since every time I would randomly ask what a turkey says they would both answer gobble gobble. Well, we were reading books the other night and came across a turtle and when I asked what it was Katie said turtle - gobble gobble. We made up what a turtle "does" (scrunched shoulders like he's going in his shell) to try to help them differientiate. I won't be surprised, though, if on Thanksgiving they think we are eating turtle - gobble gobble! That confusion was a little easier to sort out than the moon debacle. Shortly after the time change we began to be able to see the moon and stars on our way home and the kids thought it was great. Well, we had a few cloudy, rainy evenings when the moon couldn't be seen and the whole 45 minute drive home consisted of questions like Mommy, where moon? No, moon don't sleep (yelled). Or, come out Mr. Moon peeese! It was funny, but they were really getting upset with Mr. Moon and didn't take any of my explanations that he was sleeping, hiding behind the clouds, etc. Luckily, the moon made its appearance in a couple of days and was big and bright and that fascinated them the whole ride home. There are so many fun and cute moments these days - I just wish they weren't so interspersed with such devilish behaviour. Tyler was in a mood yesterday and would look at me, do something he knew he wasn't supposed to, give me a big smile which turned into a whimper when he got reprimanded, and then do it all over again - the rascal. This Holiday season should be fun, troublesome of course, but they are excited about every new thing and it will be great to see Christmas through their eyes this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment