Saturday, December 18, 2010

"How they do that?"

Tyler thought he knew exactly where the elves were, and then went to point them out and was completely confused when they weren't where he thought. After many, many inquires of "where they go," "where the elves," or "where Taylor and Mary," I finally convinced them to go upstairs and take a bath without knowing where they were. When we got into the bathroom the elves were there and Tyler was shell-shocked and just kept repeating "how they do that?" It was fun to trick them - is that evil :)? Then, both of them went pee-pee on the big potty because the elves wanted them too. The cutest moment of all was when Katie had her turn on the potty and when she went I clapped and said good job, and Tyler said (copying us) - "Katie, I so proud (pwoud) of you!"
We had a big day. We (me and Lance, Ray-Ray and the kids) went out to Opryland to see the lights and decorations and rode on the Christmas train, walked around looking at the water fountains, and took a boat ride around the hotel. The kids were exhausted, but had a blast. When we got home they looked at the pictures with me and Katie said "train was fun, mommy." I am still sad that there is no Opryland Amusement park anymore, but doing the tourist thing at the hotel was fun, too. When Lance and I first started dating we went to both the hotel and the park and my 18 year old self thought Nashville was awesome (still do, but never go out there)!

They were really mesmerized by the light fountain.

They didn't know what to make of Mrs. Claus

They were shockingly playing pretty well together before bed even though they were very tired which usually equals fighting and grumpy.

No comments: