Friday, November 16, 2012

Yuck!

Well, the good news is that the kids made it through picture day.  They woke up excited to get "dressed up" and looked so cute!

The bad news is that they apparently picked up a nasty stomach bug sometime during the school day. They were both in exceptionally good moods on the drive home and we were excited to go to Tumble Tots.  Suddenly Tyler started coughing and then vomited - a lot!  It was all over the car and he was screaming upset and Katie was hugging the door on her side of the car trying to avoid it and looking repulsed.  Poor Tyler was just devastated that he was a mess, and that he couldn't go to Tumble Tots.  We pulled over in the Publix parking lot and met Lance and I was going to hand Katie over so he could take her to tumbling.  Katie became distraught over going on her own, and Tyler was even more upset about missing it so we took them both home and put Tyler in the shower.  He convinced us he wasn't sick - that he was just coughing and didn't know what happened but that he felt fine and begged us to go to Tumble Tots.  So, we determined that he wasn't sick and took them both a bit late.  Throughout the evening he acted just fine (and still is today) so we really thought it wasn't an illness until Katie cried out at about 1:00 AM.  We went in to her room and she was covered in it as was the floor, bed, you name it.  We didn't want to wake Tyler so after stripping the sheets and cleaning up as best we could we put her in the guest bed hoping that it would be the same as Tyler - a one-time episode.  That was not the case - it continued throughout the night (we are down to no sheets or towels now) and even this morning after she climbed in to bed with us and I stupidly gave her a sip of water (not stupid because she was so thirsty, but not the brightest in our bed since she couldn't keep anything down).  She still doesn't feel well today but is able to drink and eat a bit.  She finally fell asleep and is hopefully going to wake feeling a bit better after this much needed nap!



Lance had some appointments today so I went in to pick up some work and came home to stay with them.  Of course I didn't manage to get everything I needed to actually complete any of the tasks since I was rushing to get there and get back, but Katie definitely couldn't be at school today and there were a number of other kids out too with the same thing.  That means I will have even more to do next week and will have a really crazy schedule, but I can definitely work hard to get it all done knowing that it is only a 3 day work week :)! I am reminded on days like this that actually being able to stay home with the kids wouldn't be all fun and happy times, and that I still enjoy my work enough to feel guilty and concerned that I need to take an actual sick day (I never take true sick days - I usually work from home if me or the kids are ill, but that just isn't possible today). 

No comments: