Tuesday, December 10, 2013

She's Learning!

Katie has been practicing reading today (we actually are being productive on our unexpected snow day) and she is so proud of herself - and I am proud of her too!  She is doing very well with her sight words and is great at sounding out the words that follow the basic rules.  I downloaded a book on the kindle for her since I would love for them to associate the kindle with reading in addition to games.  I have struggled with maybe reading a few actual books in front of them instead of only on the kindle because "they" say the best way to encourage reading is to set a good example.  Even though I read daily on the kindle, I think they may think I am just playing games like them!  Katie is walking around the house finding books that she can try to decipher and keeps exclaiming "I love reading, I can't believe I can read."  So exciting! 

No comments: