While the vacation was awesome, the actual drive home was harrowing, with tornado warnings, torrential downpours, and really strong winds - and bad weather continued throughout the night cancelling the baseball game that was scheduled for the next day. The baseball cancellation meant that Tyler got to go to his first Boy Scout meeting of the year. He liked it, but surprisingly said he wished his game hadn't been cancelled - he is really enjoying playing! The game is rescheduled for Thursday and the last game of the year is Saturday. It will be a long wait until Spring season, but I am sure we will appreciate a little schedule freedom in the upcoming months.
Life was in full swing the minute we got back. My work is ramping up, it's time (way past time actually) to get serious about school and all of this reading and homework that is expected of us, and it is Hound Dog run, Spirit week at school, so lots of festivities! The kids had a field trip today, and the run and family night is later this week. Poor Tyler has had a horrible ear ache since we got back and we took him in to the doctor today so hopefully he will be on the mend soon. He was kind of grumpy at the wedding and end of the trip, which I now suspect was because of the ear pain. He didn't even complain until we asked him why he didn't eat his banana (he is practically a monkey and would normally eat a whole bunch of bananas if we let him) and he said it hurt to chew. Fall is hard on him with a new round of allergies, and swimming for a week doesn't help. The weather sure is turning Fall-like, though - which I love. The kids, for a change, chose Halloween costumes that wont be too hot or too cold regardless of the weather (they are a Pink Lady and T-Bird from Grease), but I always like when Halloween is a little cooler! It may be Halloween until I find time to post again, but I'll try to check-in and update sooner!






No comments:
Post a Comment