An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Monday, January 10, 2011
A Good Use For the Dirt Hill
Anyone who has been to our house knows that there is an annoying dirt hill in the empty lot next to us that everyone in the neighborhood cusses because it is hard to see cars coming when leaving the neighborhood. Well, today we found a reason to like it, and it is safe to say that the kids LOVE it! We brought out the sleds (unfortunately our camera had already died) and it worked perfectly for Katie and Tyler. They had so much fun going down that hill and went surprisingly fast. They would get down the hill and run back up carrying the sleds to do it, in the words of Tyler "just one more time." I went down too and it was pretty fun, so I imagine that for a two year old it was a real thrill ride. We had fun in the snow today (even though I didn't get work done like I should have). We had snowball fights, tried to build a snowman, went on a wagon ride, and made snowballs and the kids were bundled up well and didn't want to go inside. Up until now I have kind of dreaded snow days because we couldn't stay out with them and they didn't really enjoy it and got kind of irritable stuck inside - but today was really fun and it wore the kids out too! Some pictures from our first trip out before nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment