I feel like we were non-stop today - but the weather was beautiful and we had a great day enjoying it! We went to breakfast this morning, followed by some time at the park nearby (always a hit these days since they can finally do the big slides). I had tennis during their naptime (that wasn't as much fun since I lost - but it was still good to get out and play, singles at that which is a good workout these days). Then, when I got home I took the kids to Phillips ToyMart where they have bunnies around Easter. We watched the bunnies for a bit, but Tyler had to literally be dragged away from the train table and the car stations they had set-up. Katie liked the bunnies, but ooohed and aaahed over the princess dress-up clothes just as much (while she carried her purse that she insisted on bringing). We ended up buying a kite because it seemed very windy while I was playing tennis. We got home and tried it out and the kids thought it was great, but we couldn't get it to stay in the air because it was just gusts and we didn't really have much room to run. After that we brought out their tricycles to see if they are big enough yet. Katie did great - she was making it go on her own and really got the hang of it. Tyler did manage to pedal a few times, but found that it was easier to make it go Flinstone style with his legs on the ground doing the pushing. They are still just a bit short to really enjoy them, but I predict that by this summer they will be tooling around everywhere and loving it. Miss Independent wouldn't let me help her or touch the bike at all so it took a loooong time to get just to the end of the street and back, but they were giggling and proud so all was ok. I have tennis again tomorrow, but I think we are going to try to go to the zoo in the morning to enjoy the nice weather and hopefully the new train (although I don't know if it is open).
They were too short to reach them to pet them so they weren't all that impressed, although they did think it was hilarious when the little black one started hopping everywhere.
It is too funny how they have become so stereotypical to their gender with no prompting from us - Tyler is all boy and all about cars, trains, trucks, and his new castle from cousin Josh. Katie is scouting out the dolls, literally thinks she is a princess, and it is amazing that I got her into shorts since dresses are her new thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment