It is back to decision time. We have decided that we want them to go to a more traditional pre-school the year before they start Kindergarten and that will be next year if they start when they are about to turn five. Deadlines are the end of December for most programs, but we are still hesitant about them being a bit too young (especially when you look down the road and realize they will be 17 when they start college). I definitely don't think they would benefit from two more years where they are, but maybe one more year and then a new program although I think they would do great in a true PK program next Fall. We are weighing our options (since some end with a school day and don't offer aftercare, some are too expensive if we can't get financial aid, and some aren't really that much different from where they are now other than location), but the main decision on the horizon is just if we want them to be the youngest in their class (I am confident that they will be ready for school according to assessments even if we do it when they are about to turn 5) or the oldest and spending probably too much time in a preschool environment working on things that they already know.
Anyway, we keep going back and forth so the decision will probably be made by us not making a decision in time! I didn't get any pictures this weekend with the kids in their Vandy garb, but I do have these random ones that show them happy and grumpy - something that can change minute by minute!



No comments:
Post a Comment