Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holidays

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving, even if we didn't get to spend near as much time as we would like with everyone. The kids had fun visiting with Uncle Matthew, and always have a good time at Ray-Ray and So-So's, on Thanksgiving Day. They then got to play with their cousins and my dad's kids on Friday and continue the fun with cousins, including playing at the park across the street, on Saturday. They were big days for two little ones (they are still little to me but don't let them hear you say it or you will promptly be told that they are big kids), but they did good! The kids don't quite understand Thanksgiving and Christmas, and surprisingly didn't like Thanksgiving food as much as I thought they would, but they sure are excited to see all of the lights and Christmas trees starting to pop up around town. They keep asking me if it is Christmas and I try to explain that the whole month is "Christmastime," but of course they don't quite get that. We will put our tree and lights up this weekend, will visit Santa soon, will start the Elf on the Shelf craziness, do the Christmas calendar, hopefully go to the Ice exhibit or the light show, take some Christmas card pictures, and Katie gets to go see the Rockettes with So-So, so maybe it will all start to make sense soon that we get a whole month of Christmas fun! I haven't done one bit of Christmas shopping, but I am excited about their Christmas morning this year - I think they will be so excited and finally start to really dig this Santa character! I have long said that one of the most challenging things about a marriage is coordinating holidays and this year is no exception, especially since Christmas falls on the weekend. Hopefully, though, we will get to see everyone again. Vandy is playing a bowl game in Memphis on New Year's Eve which throws another wrench in the plans, but we are hopeful that we can make it to that too! Somehow I always forget how hectic and busy the Holiday season really is - if I did remember I might actually make good on my promise to myself to do some things ahead of time!

No big plans this weekend (for us that is, little Bug has a fun-filled weekend of dance class and Rockettes), but we will surely get some pictures and I'll update here! Work has been crazy busy lately, but all the big projects are coming to an end so I am definitely going to try to update here a bit more!!!

No comments: