Katie impressed me last night and I just had to share. She has been working hard on her letters and numbers, trying to keep up with her brother (who unfortunately is still pretending he doesn't know them anymore unless Katie gets it wrong and he thinks he should correct her). When we were reading at bedtime yesterday she got every letter right (with just a little help on three or four), and counted all of the items on the pages! She was so proud, and I was too! I am very pleased with what they are learning in terms of the curriculum, and they are developing friendships and have great relationships with their teachers and classmates. I still have worries, though, because I don't think it is appropriate for children their age to know about "jail," or to turn toys into "guns," or to be exposed to some things that unfortunately their classmates know way too much about. I know that they will be exposed to all of that stuff eventually and could be even at a different school, but they are so impressionable at this stage and in the next year and that is what makes me nervous. Still, though, I can't find any preschool programs that are affordable for two of them that would be any better, so I am just going to try to be more proactive in talking to them and making sure that they tell me things that I may need to correct or clarify. In the long run, I think they are getting a great education that will give them a great start in school, and I am getting an education on letting go and not being such a worry wart!
We did break down and get a camera charger so look for pictures in future posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment