Tyler doesn't openly defy us as much as Katie, but he certainly is displaying his displeasure lately. He is still whining more than usual, and will throw himself down to have a temper tantrum when things frustrate him or don't go his way. We went through a spell a while back where we told him that we couldn't "hear" whining and that seemed to work so we may need to go back to that and the ignore method to reinforce that "big boys do not whine." I am still a bit concerned about Tyler and school, but I know I shouldn't be. He knows all of his letters, letter sounds, numbers, colors, shapes, etc. but lately has started acting like he doesn't. He will either think it is funny to say the wrong thing, or act like he doesn't know it with a sly grin (unless Katie is trying to tell us something that he knows is wrong and then he "helps" her, much to her chagrin). I think there are two big reasons - one is that he is just discovering humor and is a silly little boy who thinks making up words, and giving silly answers is hilarious. The other is that I think he is just over it. He knows the lessons that are being taught and is ready to move on, but the rest of the class still needs to focus on letters, sounds and numbers. So, he is entertaining himself in lieu of being challenged to learn anything new.
I have to apologize, again, for a pictureless post. As I mentioned above, Lance has virtually been a single parent the last two weeks and we haven't had much time during the week or otherwise to do much of anything. This weekend, though, the kids are visiting So-So and Ray-Ray (YEAH) while we go to the Kentucky/Vandy game, so I can't make any promises for the next posts - but SOON!
No comments:
Post a Comment