Friday, April 13, 2012

Still Stripping...

Well, today was... interesting. My boss talked to the kid's teachers and told them that they should act as if I don't work there, and try to handle things that arise as if I don't have an office literally feet from their classrooms. So, today when Katie, AGAIN, stripped continuously in the midst of temper tantrums, the teachers tried to handle it as if I didn't work there. That was until she was in our equivalent of the "principals office" and decided to angrily take all her clothes off and he decided to take it to my boss to see what to do. I happened to be in a meeting in my boss's office so we both went in to deal with the "Katie taking all her clothes off - take 20" incident. She eventually redressed and was well-behaved for the afternoon, but I was upset because I really thought we were past this! She promises that she understands that is not how she is supposed to act if she doesn't want to go to school - her excuse for being angry - but only time will tell.

I am in the midst of a crazy month and have worse ahead - government grant deadlines, an event that doesn't have the attendance that we need, and a new fundraiser kick-off - and I admit that I have not had the most patience lately. Regardless, I really think that whatever amount of patience I was able to muster - the kids would be testing it right now! They are so, so sweet ( I Love you to the moon and sun and stars, mama), and funny (stories about flying cars, and talking dogs, dinosaurs that eat birthday cupcakes, and unfortunately the discovery of bathroom humor), and great with each other (hugs and comforting and encouraging that will melt your heart) - but they are also very, very mischevious right now! Tyler will not listen to a word I say, and seems to be incapable of following directions, and Katie has become super competitive constantly fighting with Tyler in an effort to "win" everything that could possible be interpreted as a competition - who gets in the bathtub first, who gets pajamas on first, who finishes eating first... It has become very exhausting to try to referee their scuffles! I surely hope that this phase is almost over - but really I will just be happy if at least the stripping is winding down!

No comments: