My last post excitedly proclaimed it being December, but the first weekend of the month was definitely not very "December-like." It was warm on Saturday when we didn't do much after visiting with Santa, which made me really want to get out and enjoy the last(?) bit of warm weather we are likely to get, on Sunday. We went to the zoo and after searching out the alligators (per Tyler's request) and the zebras (Katie's choice) we had a late lunch and I let them do something I swore I wouldn't again - play on the playground! It really is a fantastic play area and the kids could spend the entire day there without getting bored, I on the other hand would have a nervous breakdown. I decided that I would sit near the exit and let them play on their own, which lasted for about 5 minutes when I searched everywhere within eyesight and couldn't find either one (it is very maze-like, with lots of towers and stairs and hiding places). So, once I found them both I decided to tag along - they thought it was great that they could lead me around, I quickly began to feel very old and out of shape! They led me through tunnels, up rope climbs, down tube slides, over bridges, and across obstacle courses for about an hour and today I am bruised and battered :)! We had an issue getting Tyler to leave, but all in all it was a good day.
Watching the alligators!
We conquered the rope climb!
We found out last night that we will play in the Music City Bowl. I was really, really looking forward to an adults trip somewhere like Jacksonville or Atlanta, but it will be fun to get to go to a Bowl Game again, regardless. The time of day for the game on New Year's Eve is kind of crappy - 11:00 AM, but I think my sister and brother-in-law are going to come in town and if so my awesome sister will watch the kiddos! Another bright side of not getting the bowl game we wanted is that we can save some money (Christmas is always expensive with gifts, so many birthdays on my side of the family, and slow time in the housing market so it was a little daunting to add a mini-vacation/bowl trip so soon after) and maybe actually get to go Disney this year like I have been hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment