Saturday, April 27, 2013

Good Thing We're Staying Put!

Our plain, unpainted, very dirty walls drive me crazy and I am constantly looking at paint colors whenever we are at a home improvement store in hopes that I can convince Lance to paint sometime before we move (would be a necessity to sell the house) or the kids move out (only chance of them not being destroyed immediately)!  He is agreeable to it, but thinks it really needs to be done professionally (high ceilings, nooks and crannies) which means $$$$, and then thinks that is the last thing on the list if we happen to find some disposable (ha) income.  He is probably right, so I just entertain myself with envisioning my one day paint colors.  Katie and I were at Home Depot - I really want to grow some vegetables and was just trying to get a game plan plus we were trying to beat this rainy day boredom - and we, of course stopped by the paint sample wall.  Right beside it were wall decals just for kids - Disney characters, flowers, Spiderman, etc. and they immediately caught Katie's interest.  I decided that even if they weren't as easily removed as claimed (although they seem to be), it wouldn't hurt anything to let them decorate "their" wall.  Plus, I was hoping putting something on the walls would curb my desire to just buy some paint and go to town despite knowing what the results would be.  It turned out to be one of the best projects ever - they had so much fun decorating and were so proud of their handiwork.  It definitely isn't the height of interior design, but since we don't plan to move anytime soon (will likely be here through elementary school and then will have decisions to make), it isn't hurting anything.  They certainly have different "design" strategies.  Tyler's were "in a parade" and he was very meticulous about which animal he wanted where (we selected Tyler's for him after a phone consult since he wasn't with us).  He wanted to take a picture acting like he was scared of the animals - silly boy.  Katie was more haphazard with her decorating and she was just enamored with how glittery and pretty it all was and wanted as much stuff as possible in the allotted space :) She will be so excited when we get to Disney in a month if all it takes is pretty dresses and sparkles!  






We got Tyler's Spring school pictures back.  Unfortunately, they were taken during Katie's long illness so we don't have one for her.  Probably won't buy many of them since we don't have them for both, but I think they are cute.  I have gotten some flack for Tyler's hair - but his hair is stubborn and the morning of pictures it was sticking up everywhere and looking kind of crazy so we opted to make it deliberately crazy :).  Besides, he loves "spiking" his hair and it is kind of a good reflection of something he enjoyed doing at 4 1/2, when we look back at school pictures.    

No comments: