Friday, April 19, 2013

Small Stuff

In light off all of the horrible things that have happened in this terrifying world since my last post, we are dealing with very, very small stuff.  Neverthless,  the reason I have been a bit absent in posting is because we have been dealing with multiple sicknesses that I think we are finally over!  Katie came down with a fever last Wednesday and we kept her home with our fingers crossed that Tyler would avoid it.  She still had a fever on Thursday and Friday (103 consistently), but Tyler seemed OK so he went to school.  Katie woke up on Saturday with no fever (!) so we went out to the Vandy Spring game.  Katie started feeling bad again at about halftime, so we left early, but had a good time.  That evening Tyler started coughing and feeling a little warm, but a week later it still hasn't developed into high fevers and he seems to be handling the still persistent cough better than usual.  Lance and I have both battled colds and allergies, too, but hopefully the whole family is on the mend. 

At the Spring Game



Tyler got jealous briefly that Katie got to stay home (they both managed to go all days this week which was great since Lance and I have both been busy at work), but he really enjoys school and came home every day that Katie was out to tell her what he learned.  He even made her a get well card and was sure to tell her he missed her at the end of each day.  Their artwork that I picked up today from school is pretty funny.  Tyler learned this quadrant method in art class a couple of weeks ago and now tries to use it anytime he has an assignment.  
Katie is still enamored with writing "Ray-Ray" - even if family has nothing to do with the assignment!


The Disney trip is still on, but it has been rescheduled.  My sister and her family can't go when we originally planned but they managed to find a place to rent the week before.  I am so excited, and even though we haven't pulled the trigger yet on buying the tickets we are fully planning on going and I would have been so disappointed if we had to cancel!!!

No comments: