Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Haircuts!

Well, against everyone's opinion I cut Katie's hair (and Tyler's too, but he needs one every week it seems). 

I really made an effort for the last few weeks to brush Katie's hair when wet, brush it out in the mornings and encourage ponytails, braids and headbands.  The "rats nest" look prevailed though, no matter what, and I made a spur of the moment decision to get Katie's cut today while getting a cut for Tyler.  She told the stylist that she loved it because it looked like mine - awww.  I think it looks cute and even sadly makes her look a bit older.  I think she will probably like it longer better typically, but this way it doesn't take as much effort while school is in and should grow out some by summer. They didn't want me to cut Tyler's sideburns - apparently he has a natural "skater look" that is a coveted hairstyle, but I didn't give in.  The funny thing was that he heard the conversation and tonight in the bathtub asked me to make sure I washed his sideburns when washing his hair - ha.  That boy is always listening! 

No comments: