Monday, October 20, 2008

Our life in pictures

I am not going to re-post the stuff I wrote on the other site, but I am going to add pictures. I think the pictures up until this point tell a lot of the story - they are still growing well and eating good. The nurse from Nurses for Newborns is coming this week to weigh and measure them and if they continue to gain like they have been Katie will be over 9 pounds and Tyler will be at least 8 pounds!!! They are recovering from their first colds (so sad but I guess it had to happen some time, better when I am home than when they start daycare). They are still sleeping pretty well, after the hell of the first two weeks, three hours straight seems like a solid slumber. They go down at about 10:30, wake up (actually we have started to have to wake them) at 2:00 to eat and then go back to sleep until 5:30 or 6:00 and then sleep from 7:00 to 9:00 AM. The 2 hours in the morning will have to end when I go back to work soon and I hope we can adjust! Not too much longer before we are allowed to try to let them sleep through the night. We have gotten conflicting information - some say when they are 10 pounds, some say when they are three months old and others say at 8 weeks typically, but that we have to add 6 weeks to that to account for prematurity. I think we are going to try when they are about 10 weeks just not waking them for their feeding and seeing when they naturally wake up and go from there. The best laid plans...

Here are some pics!


This is from when they were first home - they slept together in the same side of the bassinet for a while. They are to squirmy for that now!









This one is about a week after they came home, they were already becoming a lot more alert!











Here are a couple of our favorites from when they were almost six weeks old:

No comments: