Definitely an overused cliche when talking about twins - "Double Trouble" - but the reason it is said so often is because it is so true! I don't know whether these two got taller, or if they just have better balance and sense and know that things that they shouldn't have are up high, but we are running out of places to keep things out of their reach! They are into absolutely everything. Tyler's new word is open, or rather he says "opme," and I have been in shock at some of the things that he brings to me to open for him that I have no clue where he got. Speaking of no clue where he picked something up - this morning he sneezed and had yucky pouring out of his nose (I was driving them to daycare because Lance has to work). I handed him a kleenex and told him to wipe his nose and he did a pretty good job (he is learning to blow his nose too, which is fabulous when dealing with a toddler with constant allergies). The problem is that he didn't want to give the tissue back to me and his sister really wanted a tissue of her own (I only had the one). When I said Tyler, give that back he looked straight at me and said "NO" with a big smile, repeatedly. I don't know where he is learning that it is ok and even funny to say "no" to me, but that is just something else to add to the list to work on. Luckily, I had a gift certificate at Amazon and instead of using it on books that I want to read I got the recommended 1-2-3 Magic, a discipline book for toddlers, and hopefully it will give me some strategies! Katie was pretty smart about it all, though. She realized that Tyler got the kleenex because he sneezed and instead of begging for one of her own (to tear up into small pieces and try to eat) she started fake sneezing to coerce me into giving her one too (sneaky, but cute).
Planning their attack on the countertops. Katie is telling Tyler what to do since he is more proficient, but she neglects to tell him that he won't get to reap the rewards of his hard work - she will! 

Tyler spotted the cups and made his move. I should get on to him for grabbing things off the counter, but cups make him so happy! At least it wasn't the Advil that he wanted me to "opme" minutes earlier.

His mean sister swoops in and takes them, though - and then tries to act all innocent. 

Getting some of our food off of real plates while they are not in their chairs, though, is the ultimate distraction and the cup fiasco is forgotten!
No comments:
Post a Comment