Well, it has been a while - sorry! We went to Florida and the kids got to visit with some family so they get to see the kids instead of just hear about them. On the way down we stopped at my Aunt's house and my mom was there so they got to see their Great Aunt and Uncle and Grandma. That visit was too short and we were on the road to my dad's house. They had a blast there and my dad took some cute pictures of the kids in the lake, but I don't have them yet. When I do - I'll post them for sure. Katie was unsure of the water and Tyler was content to play in the sand, but they had a ball. They have done great around everyone and haven't shown too much anxiety - let's hope that was just a quick stage since they start their new school on Monday (I started this Monday and it has gone well). We are learning, though, that mom and dad are expendable. Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary and So-So and Ray-Ray watched the kids while we went to dinner. This morning we went to get Tyler out of his bed and he sat down, refused to be picked up from us, and started asking for So-So and Ray-Ray to get him out and said it repeatedly all morning. They put him to bed and I guess that he expected them to be there when he got up! When in the car the past few days the kids have been saying hi to B-Bob and Grandma and telling me what they think they are up to - swimming, on the boat, being funny. When I say well, is dada funny, or is mama funny or ask them to say hi to dad, Tyler gives me a sly little grin and says nooooooo, while shaking his head. Then, Tyler came to me asking for chocolate milk (which my dad let him have) and I told him no so he starts saying where Pa Pa, as if he could get him to give it to him if I wouldn't. Lance and I are just not exciting enough for them anymore, I guess :-)! Uncle Matthew is coming in to town this weekend and in honor of him Lance dressed the kids in their New York shirts. They are so big on them, but in her hat (actually my mom got it for Tyler because Katie was the only one with a bucket hat that Tyler loves, but it was too small and Katie claimed it) and shirt/dress Katie thought she was hot stuff!
Tyler refuses to leave the potty or the step stool in the bathroom (and refuses to use either one properly as well). He was pretty proud of himself to have brought the stool into the kitchen to sit on.
I bet Katie was trying to move him off the stool, not hug him - but they are smiling so maybe it was actually a rare sweet moment! That is her new move, though, - the full hug body slam. They eventually conceded to share the seat! 

No comments:
Post a Comment