When I finally broke down and got a mini-van my "dream" van was the Honda Odyssey. It is pretty expensive, though, even used so I eventually decided to go with the much cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan that was newer and had all the bells and whistles. Bad decision! Not only did the stupid thing strand me on the side of the road about a month ago, but now the automatic sliding door won't work and it has no option to turn off the motor to make the door open manually. Ugh - lesson learned - there is a reason that the Honda holds its value! I took Tyler to get his haircut this afternoon and came back out to find the door open about a foot - apparently it isn't enough that it won't open when I want it to, but it also opens slightly and gets stuck in that position when I don't! I'll have to deal with it for now - maybe it'll be good exercise to tone up the arm flab. I guess I have bigger worries, though, according to the little girl at the hair salon who asked me if I was Tyler's grandmother!!!
Today, something I have feared happened. I had to take a volunteer into the kids classroom to take pictures (for the angel wish lists). They were initially happy to see me, thinking that we were going home "soon" again like we had to on Monday because Katie was "sick." When all of Katie's attempts to drag me out of the room by hand didn't work she got extremely upset and was wailing so bad that we couldn't get a picture. Not the end of the world since they aren't participating in the angel program, but embarrassing because she was pretty out of control. Apparently, though, she took note of what was going on and felt like she missed out because when we got home she wanted me to "take Katie picture." She obviously remembered the volunteer asking the kids to say cheese on 3, because she told me "say cheese" and then gave me the goofiest grins and grimaces in an attempt to smile when she didn't look away at the last second! Tyler is getting very good at putting his shoes on, taking shirts off, and the like - and tonight managed to put a pair of daddy's socks (Lance's golf socks - footies - although you can't tell) on - it was pretty cute (pardon the lack of shorts)!
A stranger recently told us that Tyler looked "just like" Haley Joey Osment (Sixth Sense) - I think in this picture he kinda does.

Katie's weird half smile.

They were really having fun with our photo session!
Still most of the pictures I am able to get have someone turning away from the camera or with an odd look - exhibit A an B.

No comments:
Post a Comment