Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dance Class!

Katie has been excited about dance class ever since we brought home her gear - but nothing compares to how absolutely giddy she was last night and this morning before she got there. She was smiling from ear to ear and couldn't stop talking about where she was going. I was so proud of her when she got there - she walked right back to the classroom with no hesitation and when I watched her on the closed-circuit she was participating and laughing and having a fabulous time. It was pretty funny to watch her without her knowing that I could - the teacher pointed out a little "x" on the floor for her to stand on at first and the entire time she was hesitant to stray too far from it, even when every other little girl in the class was in a different area. I know I am biased :), but she was one of the best little dancers in there. She got to stretch, tumble, jump on a trampoline, ride a pony stick, and wiggle her hips and did it all well and just like the teacher told her. She didn't stop smiling the whole time - big thank you to So-So and Ray-Ray for her classes - I don't think I have ever seen her having such a good time even without us or Tyler in the room!

Lance is out of town and he is the one that is good about charging all of the phones and cameras and whatnot so of course our camera was dead - but I did get a picture on my phone, just not a very clear one!



We had a good day. I naively tried to get them to nap this afternoon because they were clearly tired after their morning playing with the grandparents (and dance class) and this is how I found them when I came up to check on them. Needless to say - there were no naps - but it is almost bedtime and they are still somewhat content even if Katie just told me, in response to me asking why she peed on herself, that she was freaking out and lost her mind because a bug (fly) got on her (drama queen).



No comments: