
Katie tried a new strategy not to go to her new classroom today. When I went in to get them up she told me she was still sleeping. Then when I convinced them to go to my bed to watch tv while I showered (Lance had to work early this morning) she kept telling me to leave her, that she was staying home today. She said she was still sleeping and even tried a fake cough to tell me she was too sick to go to school. The little minx also worked on Tyler the whole way to school saying "Tyler you don't want to go to your new classroom either, do you?" The result was that she went back to crying "I don't want to go to my new classroom" and I don't want to go this way (the route she knows is to school) and had to be forcibly removed from my arms, and Tyler had a total meltdown upon entering his classroom complete with kicking his shoes off and screaming for me not to leave him :(. I know Katie is serious when her last ditch effort was to say that she was a baby and needed to take her big girl fingernail polish off, wear a diaper, and not get a birthday party - she is that intent on going back to her "baby" classroom. Needless to say, these two are not very good with change :)!
Still, when I look in on them throughout the day they are having a ball. Tyler told his whole class yesterday about his Uncle Matthew who lives in New York when they were studying the map, and Katie made a new friend who she had to introduce to me when we were leaving so I am not too worried, I just wish they would stop with the drama - especially on days that I am on my own trying to get them out the door!
No comments:
Post a Comment