
They also got to get into a firetruck. Tyler was thrilled, Katie wasn't too impressed. We just can't get Tyler to wear the Tiger hat, but he still enjoys "roaring" when he wears just the body part of the Tiger costume.
Along with the cupcake conversation we had a few more this morning that had me stumped on how to explain. Tyler had to use the bathroom and we weren't far from school so I asked him if he could hold it. He did the typical reach down and try to physically "hold it" so I tried (again) to explain that what I really meant was to not go until we got to a bathroom - difficult! Then Katie asked me who her Auntie (which she says Auntee) was and I told her who her Aunts (which I have always said like ants) were, but tried to explain that they are called Aunt and not Auntie in our family and then she insisted that she had an Auntie because all of her friends do so we are just going with it, for now! The other was with Tyler, he was talking excitedly about hiding since lately he has really enjoyed hiding and listening to us seek him out. I was trying to explain that hiding is ok if we are playing a game, but that if I ever say Tyler come out now he has to do it (because I fear he will hide at a time when he shouldn't and he will get lost or scare me silly that he is lost - he is a good hider). He kept telling me, but mom that isn't how it works - you are supposed to find me - and I tried to explain that most of the time we can do it that way, but that if I ever tell him that he has to come out it is because I can't find him and need to. I am not sure if he got it, maybe I need to test it when I actually do know where he is and praise him for doing what I ask! Doing what I ask is not typical these days, but we had their parent teacher conferences and both of their teachers said they listen and mind really well so I am hopeful that it is just with me that they pretend like they can't hear or understand what I am asking. They both got really great evaluations in their first event parent/teacher meetings :)!
We are excited for Halloween fun tonight. I think we are going to attempt one of us trick or treating with them and one handing out candy, but that may mean that the extent of our trick or treating is our little neighborhood! This is the first year that the kids have actually gotten to eat the candy they receive and understand that it is a special treat - I think Halloween has created monsters out of these two in that they are not complete candy mongers! We have talked a lot about "too much candy will make you sick," and watched a couple of shows with that same theme so I am hopeful that they understand why we limit them to just a couple of pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment