It was another eventful and oh so fun Saturday! We started the day with dance class and then along with So-So and Ray-Ray made the trek out to Ashland City for a day at the pumpkin farm. There were slides, swings and even a pumpkin cannon. We were all too worn out before we made it through the corn maze, on the hayride or playing in the corn, but we will probably do those things at Gentry some time this season so it was fun to try some new things. The kids are running on fumes right now because even after a fun-filled, activity-packed day naps were a no go. I have no clue how they get them to nap (occasionally) at school, because at home they talk (to themselves if separated), sing, cry - anything to avoid sleeping. Monday I have to work, but the kids don't have school and dad will have them on his own so maybe he can figure out the nap thing!
After the day on the farm I went looking for some dresses (Katie is still insisting on wearing dresses every day to school and it will be cold soon), and was shocked to learn that Columbus Day weekend is apparently big for shopping because they were literally sold out of everything in Katie's size at Old Navy, Target, etc. I came back with the intention of loading them in the car and taking them to the mall with me to give Lance a break, and I have never seen two more exhausted children. They are having meltdowns right and left and would fall asleep standing up, I think, if they didn't have such amazing willpower! Needless to say it will be an early night for them (and probably consequently an early morning), but our farm fun was just too much for these two. Lance was in charge of bringing a change of clothes for Katie since we met over at So-So and Ray-Ray's, and he forgot them but So-So saved the day with a "popcorn" shirt that Katie just loves!
When I asked them what their favorite thing was they said picking out pumpkins (we got two big ones) AND Katie said the swing and Tyler's was the slide! They also said the pumpkin cannon, but really they couldn't decide if they were scared of it or not! 
No comments:
Post a Comment