Well, after much deliberation, we have finally decided on Halloween costumes. After agreeing, Tyler has already changed his mind, but hopefully we can talk it up enough in the next two weeks and he'll be back to wanting to be a.... Tiger! Katie has decided to be a flower "princess." We got her a daisy costume since her primary requirement was to have a tutu and she pointed it out and said that was what she wanted to be. The price was right on both of their costumes so we just went for it, last minute since they are being shipped and won't be here until right before Halloween. I want to get them out to Ghouls at Grassmere, but probably won't have their costumes in time so they might have a second costume pieced together from stuff at home (princess dress-up dresses, cowboy, etc). Tyler has become determined that he wants to be Super Why (of course, now that I ordered something different and it is something that I can't really create at home), and I am hoping that changes but love that he is so into that show. It has been great for him picking up on letters and letter sounds - and Katie watches too and pretends to be Princess Presto spelling stuff with her wand. They crack me up with the stories they tell to each other and us, and playing pretend - I am loving watching their imaginations grow.
Last night was the last Tumble Tots class and they got to jump in a bouncy house! We have some decisions to make because Katie still loves her dance class and it is over in December unless we re-up (would probably do the one that includes tap since she is mesmerized by the girls in their tap shoes). They both have shown interest in soccer (we got a little goal for the back yard and they have been practicing scoring!) and want to do swim lessons, and Tyler is convinced that he wants to do tumbling some more. I don't want them to be over-scheduled (and Lance would rather Katie do soccer than dance), but they do enjoy the classes. There are lots of things I want to do in the next few weeks - the zoo Halloween, still haven't been to Gentry Farms, carve pumpkins, and then Christmas and Thanksgiving stuff and since most of the classes are on the weekend I feel like we should probably hold off until January and re-evaluate what they want to do after we see how much "free" time we have. This time of year is so difficult - mostly because of (I am ashamed to admit) football. We love going to football (and eventually basketball) games, but the kids are still a bit too young for the night games - plus, that is a long time for them to essentially entertain themselves since they can't really follow the game action. I still wish we could find an affordable sitter that we trust (and probably could if Lance was comfortable with a "stranger" watching them), because not going to games is really not an option for Lance and I feel bad imposing on our current sitters which means that since that is my issue I should be the one not to go and to stay home with the kids. I see his point, though - if we hire a sitter, spend money out, and then get a cab if we have some cocktails - we both can't afford to go out anyway :)! Regardless, we hope to make it out to a pumpkin farm Saturday and maybe the zoo on Friday so hopefully the next post will include cute Halloween/Fall photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment