The kids are home and they seem to have had a great time with family in Florida. I was definitely ready for them to get back, but I think they would have preferred us to just come there! There certainly isn't as much activity around here as they enjoyed the last couple of weeks. They visited my aunt, my dad, my mom and my sister (who brought them back last week and stayed with them while we await school to start tomorrow). They spent the bulk of the time in Florida (although Tyler did remind me that they got to go to Alabama too and see "Nitha," as he calls her and Bill). Their "vacation" meant lots of playing outside, in pools and the beach and new parks - and they loved it. Since they have been back we have been really talking up the new school and enjoying hearing all of the things they got to do (seeing the dolphin on the boat is a highlight) although we are kind of bad parents since they stayed with Ray-Ray last night (THANK YOU) even though they have been gone so much recently. We just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert! It was soooo much fun, too! I don't think reality has really set-in for them yet since their cousins have been in town until yesterday and they have been go, go, go - not realizing that soon they will have to go to school and we have to go to work and look forward to our next vacation instead of getting to spend our days focused all on fun!
Here is the boat they were on when they spotted the dolphin they keep telling me about!
And in contrast this is them today, but we did spend the morning at the pool :)!
I am getting nervous about tomorrow (the kids start school). There is no turning back now and I truly think it will be great for the kids - but the extra expense is so daunting! Not to mention I just sold my minivan, and we are buying So-So's car. Yep, that's right - no longer a mini-van driver :)! I know I will miss the convenience, but so far I am loving scooting around in a smaller car - and even better that it is one that doesn't rattle or sputter or feel and sound like it is going to leave us all stranded on the side of the road! I am taking them tomorrow and it feels like their first day of daycare all over again since it will be the first time in a while that I have had to leave them! I just today thought to read the handbook and didn't even think about things I would need that have been provided at their new school like a sleeping mat, fitted sheets, some supplies, etc. so now I am even more nervous feeling like I am unprepared :). I hope they aren't as worried as me - although I fully anticipate that tomorrow morning will not go well. Will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment