Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fun with Family

I just got back from my annual trip (15th year) to the beach with a group of girls from college.  It rained the entire time, but we still managed to have lots of fun!  The kids, I think, are having even more fun though!  They stayed with my dad while I was on my trip and had tons of fun playing with his girls, sleeping in a tent in the playroom, playing dress-up, and so much more.  My sister and I went to pick them up and we all stayed with her and her three kids one night and then I took her two oldest and my two to visit the Gulfarium.  They were all so well-behaved, and it was so much fun highlighted by a dolphin show where they all got splashed and giggled when the trainers made the dolphins "dance."  They love spending time with their cousins and it was a special treat for all of them!  




They are now with my mom and B-Bob and have spent the days swimming, visiting the boat, and having picnics.  When we skyped with them last night they loved being able to see us (and Marley) on the computer, but didn't seem to be too distraught about us not being there.  I love that they are getting this special time with my family and building stronger relationships with their cousins, and grandparents.  Living so far away means that nobody gets to see each other as much as we would like, which makes these trips extra special.  

They are done at the school where I work, and although they were sad and gave hugs to everyone on their last day - I don't think they quite understand that they won't be back.  They start the new school on June 25th, so they have a little more time to play and have a true summer vacation before they get to make new friends, and hopefully settle in to a new school routine.  We are nervous nellies for sure (as evidenced by this picture of them on the boat with B-Bob being forced to wear floaties when the boat isn't moving and they are wearing "real" clothes) and miss them a lot, but we are having fun going to some places that we have been wanting to try that aren't exactly kid friendly, and they are having a spectacular experience made even better that it is giving them a break in between starting the new school!  

No comments: