Monday, August 26, 2013

Bed Decision

So, I think we finally made a decision on the beds.  I know it is a very trivial thing to worry about, but you would not believe the amount of time I have spent thinking about the best solution and what we should do :)!  We are going to get a set of bunk beds for the kids current room, a full under a twin or two fulls, and keep the full size bed in the guest room and set it up as Katie's room (she wants that one).  That way we will have separate rooms if they want, but a place for both of them to sleep in the same room if they change their mind and room for them to have a friend sleepover when that happens sooner than later.  So, we will need to get the bunk beds, mattresses and bedding for the bunks and bedding for Katie's room eventually.  They really think they want separate rooms and Tyler wants a dinosaur room (or space rangers, but since I don't really know what that is I am going with dinosaurs) and Katie wants a "pretty" room with princesses, or flowers, or "something pink."  So, I am relieved to have a decision - not sure when it will happen, but at least we have a plan - and I definitely like plans!  I may even try my hand at painting since they have colors all picked out for their walls! 

This is a crazy, busy week.  I have a board meeting tomorrow night, an important meeting on Wednesday, the first Vandy game on Thursday, and a "surprise" party for the kids on Sunday.  We need to order a cake, pick up a couple of gifts, and have lots of homework (that seems to be as much work for me as them) in between.  I think I will be relieved when Labor Day is finally here but the kids think they get to choose what to do all day on their birthday (Monday) and I am really hoping they want to veg out at the pool.  A wrench has been thrown into our plans for the beach trip during fall break - I have a grant presentation that I need to attend that week - so we may be switching it up and going the following week and doing the science camp the first week.  Either way I have to make a decision soon since camp sign-ups are at the end of this week and I am determined not to be on yet another waiting list!  I am a little afraid that it will be too cold in October for beach fun, and we are considering going to the waterpark hotel in Panama City in case of bad weather - but either way it is only $200 more to go to the beach instead of the camp (not counting gas and food) so I think that is a decision made too - beach here we come - I am really looking forward to going to the beach with the kids.  We did Disney instead this year, and I missed our more "relaxed" vacation.  I have enjoyed pool time this summer, though and am sad to see it end - I am sure the kids will be too when they realize that it is closed until May!



We had a fun weekend!  Saturday the kids had a blast at Ray-Ray and So-So's (wanted to go back on Sunday when I asked what they wanted to do), we then went to the pool, and then out to dinner just the three of us to Corner Pub (where they met the "real" Santa).  On Sunday we had a picnic at Bowie Park and went on a hike around the lake.  The kids are so silly - Tyler was making snake noises behind us as we walked - and they kept posing on every bridge! 

No comments: