Thursday, September 26, 2013

First Field Trip

Well, the very first field trip is behind us and we all had a great day!  They have been to Gentry Farms every year since they were born, but this time was even better because they got to go on a hayride with their friends (and me - which is still a good thing at their age  :), got to do the maze, and the farmers market without crowds, and best of all picked out their very own pumpkins.  Katie took "forever" to select just the right one - one that "is not too big and not too small."  Tyler picked out the biggest one he could find, of course!


They were absolutely giddy when they arrived.  The bus trip over was definitely a highlight (that was a first too) and then they were just super excited to have a day of fun and to get to introduce all of their friends and teachers to me. It was more difficult than I anticipated to go between the two classes since they were doing different activities at different times, but I managed and neither seemed to feel too slighted (I think they were just happy I was there at all, since I warned them that I might not be able to make it since the run is on Friday).  Plus, Katie's teacher let her split off and come with Tyler's class for the hayride so we all go to go together and see the baby cows and pick out pumpkins! 


We got a couple of class pictures, but since I haven't yet made the blog completely private I hesitate to put them up in case other parents wouldn't want that.  It is pretty funny, though, to look at the two of them compared to their classmates - they really are small!  They seem to fit in just fine, though and they might as well get used to being the shortest and littlest now since it isn't likely to change, at least for Katie, for a while.  

More fun tomorrow at the run! 

No comments: