It is a fun week at school for the kids - spirit week in preparation for the big fundraiser on Friday! Tyler was really excited that they have no homework this week - he loves school, but I can already tell that getting him to do his homework will be a challenge. The don't have to wear uniforms this week and have a different theme each day. Today was "Tacky Tuesday" and after seeing the kids last week Katie got a little more into it - yay! Tyler is all about it - no worry for him that others will, in Katie's words, think he "looks weird."
Tomorrow is their first field trip and they are very excited! The Run is Friday and I hope that the kids are OK with me making it to just that, since I just can't help chaperone the trip, too. This week is tough - Lance is in a class all week from 8:30 - 5:30 which means I have to pick the kids up each day from school, and leave early, and finagle people to help me out when I really should be at work with groups and such, so I can't also get off during the mornings for school events this week. If we don't make it in to aftercare next year I don't know what we are going to do - this just doesn't work! The kids absolutely love the girl who picks them up two days a week - but she is a Senior so won't be available next year or this summer, and we really need more than two days of help! I would totally be able to do things with their class like the other parents if I didn't have to cut my days short so many days each week!!! I am going to be positive that we can get into the Y program if we show up the very first day with money in hand - and beg if we have to :)!
All in all things are going pretty well, though! The kids are doing great in school - they have passed their sight word tests with flying colors and still really love going each day. We are making progress in the battle to get them eating better (a struggle lately because they are starving when they get home and have snacks, albeit healthy typically, and then won't eat dinner). Now that it isn't quite so hot I am hoping we can get them outside and distracted from wanting to snack so much (I know they need something, but Tyler thinks he is absolutely starving even after having yogurt, a granola bar, and raisins, etc.). I would really love to find a way to get the swing set put up so they could play in the back yard. Lance is super busy (a good thing) though, and with football, rain, etc. it just hasn't been possible. I hope we can get to it soon to take advantage of the awesome weather, but I know that Lance isn't going to be able to help and I can't do it by myself and I even contacted a few handymen who said they were too busy to add any new projects. I guess it is good that things in every industry seem to be picking up - I just hope it doesn't all come crashing down with all that is going on with politics/government! Even though I complain about being busy and whatnot, I really do like that things have started seeming hopeful and positive lately rather than the doom and gloom (in terms of the real estate market, donations to non-profits, etc.) of the last few years!
This weekend should be fun, even if I never did convince Lance to go to the Zac Brown concert :)! The dinner at the school is Friday night, Saturday is a football game that I think we can take the kids to, and then Monday is Lance's birthday so the kids and I will probably make him a cake on Sunday. His "present" will be to fix his car, finally! I got pulled over the one day that I drove it, for expired tags, and he is having to risk it every day since he has class this week, but hopefully we can find the time next week to get it taken care of. We are also going down to the beach next weekend (woohoo) and probably need to figure out why my check engine light is on in the car - but that might be wishful thinking that we will have time for all of that! I am still pretty firmly on the bandwagon to buy used cars, but it sure would be nice to have a dealer loaner when these things crop up. That isn't enough reason to break the budget though, even if I am still obsessed with the new Explorer :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment