Thursday, October 3, 2013

Annual Check-Up

All went well at the kid's check-up today.  Katie even got her flu shot (Tyler got it a couple of weeks ago) with no crying and I don't even think she realized it was done.  They did very well answering the doctor's questions and doing what they asked - I was proud of them.  Katie is, still not surprisingly, very small.  She is almost 40 inches tall and weighs almost 37 pounds.  She is in the tenth percentile for height and weight and according to the calculators is still expected to be about 5 foot tall as an adult.  The doc said that she is the perfect height for her weight and for now has 20/20 vision.  Tyler, unfortunately, only has 20/30 and we will have to watch him to see if he needs corrective lenses.  He is almost 41 inches tall and is 38 pounds.  He has been "mirror writing" lately and turning around a lot of letters and numbers that he didn't use to so I asked the doctor about it and he said that it was perfectly normal, so that is reassuring.  Their dad just walked in and Tyler told him that "this morning I was a little scared of the doctor, but I liked it."  That's good - no doctor phobia, yet! 

Katie passed her sight word test today and when I saw her teacher when I picked them up for their appointment she said that Katie did great on the test and that she is way ahead of those in her class - yay!  I don't know how Tyler is doing in his class, but they have mastered the same sight words so I expect that he is doing OK too.  Makes me feel better, because I haven't had much opportunity to work with them!  I am so glad that they are settling in to Kindergarten!

No comments: