Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving #1

Today was our first Thanksgiving (of 3 total) for the year and it was great!  We had a fabulous meal with Lance's brother and my sister-in-law and family and we are all totally stuffed.  I forgot to get pictures earlier when they weren't quite as disheveled, but managed to get this one just to have a record of the kid's 5th Thanksgiving!  The weather was a lot different than last year when we ate outdoors, but it was a wonderful day despite the cold.

Tomorrow we are off to see my family and we have a very busy week once we get back.  I have a lot going on at work, Lance always seems to have more work than time these days (a good thing, of course, but just makes everything a little more chaotic), and the kids have their second tennis lesson!  They were so excited about their first lesson (I posted but can't seem to find it so I am not sure what happened).  They did great and are really looking forward to the next one.  We picked up a couple of rackets for them (they borrowed them the first time last week) and it seems to be a good call because for right now they are wanting to play all the time (but I have had to refuse them with the temps in the teens).  Liz watched them for us while we went to the UT/Vandy game (huge thank you for that - we had a great time at the game and the kids had fun spending tie with her too) and I think they coerced her to play in the yard for a bit.  It is kind of cold for outdoor tennis so we got them some new gear and they were almost as excited about that as the tennis!
Like mother like daughter - Katie was really digging her new shoes and tennis skirt - those are two things I get super excited about too! She claims that the shoes are "super fast" and wore them to school every day last week.  

Our silly little man isn't all about the clothes, his favorite part of the lesson was hot potato where they work on "happy feet."  The thing I am worst at in tennis is moving my feet, so it would be great if they learned to keep them moving!  Tyler doesn't usually have trouble getting moving though - we caught him dancing without a care in the world recently - he really does love to move and groove!  I hope he stays carefree for a lot longer - it is so fun to watch children enjoy the world with no inhibitions. 



No comments: