My sister asked me today what the kids would like for Christmas and although my initial reaction was that she is way more on the ball than me, it also made me realize that it really is time to start thinking about Holiday madness! I have been putting together a wish list on Amazon for the kids and I can't help but get excited about this year. They are already making Santa lists and letting us know things they like, and it is kind of fun to finally have a year that they are aware and eagerly anticipating all of the Christmas and Santa hullabaloo. I do have to say, though, that it is a little disconcerting how "old" Katie's big requests seem to me. She really, really wants something that "plays music, with headphones, and takes pictures." Sounds like an iPod to me and my baby girl couldn't possibly want something so big-kid-like :)! My work is crazy busy at this time of year, so maybe I should actually do what I always say I will and shop online early and get it out of the way!
Halloween was fantastic. Although a day late, the kids told the sitter that it was "the best night ever," and it was clear that they had fun on the actual Halloween night (we carved our pumpkin, ate pizza, and watched a movie) and the day after when we went neighborhood trick-or-treating and then ate freshly made smores with neighbors and friends in the cul-de-sac.




No comments:
Post a Comment