The kids had a performance at school this morning, and it was so cute. They both did better than I expected and actually song the songs, but I had a really hard time seeing those short little things. I have been hearing the songs for weeks when they have practiced at home, and it was really fun to see their hard work come to fruition. Tyler got some new shoes for his first tennis lesson (!), but he wouldn't wear them today because he was worried they would come untied and it would mess him up during his performance. They both took it very seriously, and woke up this morning incredibly excited about the big day.
They were also super excited on Wednesday when they went to their first ever tennis lesson. A friend of theirs (we are good friends with her parents) has been taking with this lady for a while and we decided to sign the kids up. They did great for the first time ever holding a racket - Katie actually hit the ball (albeit with a two-handed forehand) and Tyler was especially excited about "hot potato" which was really just dodge ball with a tennis ball (but it does teach "happy feet" which is a good tennis skill). We will keep going back as long as weather allows (outside) because I really was pleasantly surprised at how much they enjoyed it and how excited they were to get to play!

No comments:
Post a Comment