Our trip to Disney, when we get to wear these...
is almost here!!!! Lance was reluctant, but I think it will be fun to be all matchy matchy on St. Patrick's Day!
I am in the middle of a stressful week - our sitter is on Spring Break, I have lots of work stuff with deadlines that have to be met before our trip, soccer practices and first games, trying to find time to get stuff we need for the trip and soccer, like Spring clothes that actually fit my growing kids and soccer shorts that don't fall off of them since they are still on the small side of all that growing, and an event this weekend that I am supposed to be at for 36 hours straight, but that I am going to try to break away from to go to the soccer games, at least. I was going to try to fit in a pre-birthday celebration since my birthday falls during the week and the following weekend we will be on our way to Florida, but that won't happen since I really need to be at that event every minute that I am not at soccer! All of that will make the vacation even better, though and I think we will go for a family dinner on my actual birthday, which will be just as fun, anyway. Fortunately/Unfortunately Lance is very busy at work. Fortunate for obvious reasons - unfortunate because the timing of this trip will mean he is probably going to have to work a lot while we are away and be on the phone constantly. I know that it is the way that it has to be though for a realtor, so I am going to try to just enjoy the trip (and this time really act like I am on vacation and worry about nothing going on at work or home), and be understanding that Lance having a working vacation is just the price to be paid for the flexibility he has to even go on the vacation! A perk I really like, too, about his job is that it allows me to indulge in house searches (which I oddly really, really enjoy).
We found a house that we really liked, and started preparations (mortgage qualifying, figuring out what we need to do to our house before we sell, calculating costs to refurbish the house, etc.) to make an offer and get our house on the market, but the house we liked got an offer on it the first day on the market (probably for more than we were willing to spend according to what it was listed for). We had looked at it before it was listed, and loved the location, the view, the school district, the potential of the house, etc. but with Lance being self-employed and our best year in three years being last year which can't be counted in qualifying for a mortgage until we file taxes (and will still be averaged with the other two), it took us a while to get all of information to the mortgage guy to figure out what we qualify for and we just couldn't move fast enough on it. It is probably a blessing in disguise. I couldn't imagine trying to get our house market ready right now and all of the work the other house needed (it was an estate sale and needed a lot), would probably have been more of a burden than we anticipated. We will keep our eye out for something where we want to be, but there is no need to move immediately other than the fear that interest rates will rise, and that we will be priced out of where we want to be by the time we really want to move when the kids enter 5th grade - but who knows what will happen in the interim years. I think it will all work out - and this probably worked out exactly as it should have!
I hope to have some pictures of soccer to post next!

No comments:
Post a Comment