I am so relieved - we have aftercare next year! I was tenth in line this morning at 5:58 AM, and now the kids have spots secured in the aftercare program next school year - woohoo!!! The YMCA afterschool program costs less than we are paying right now for two afternoons until 5:00 and one until 4:00, and the program is open until 6:00. The other good thing is that you can pay extra and sign up for "school's out care" now that we are in the program, which means if we have more non-snow, snow days, or ill-timed teacher inservice days next year we will have options. I am ridiculously excited about being able to work full days, but 3:00 pick-up has been just that difficult!
Tyler had a rough day, today. I expected him to test his limits with the new teacher, and have trouble acclimating back into routine and structure - but, he was on "orange" today - one step above red and the worst I can remember him doing. A friend of mine told me that his new teacher is great - a good blend of strict and fun, and I imagine that she is trying to set the tone early. He needs it, for sure, but I just hope that her first impression of him doesn't taint their relationship for the rest of the year. The good news is that he also didn't get as good of marks when he first started Kindergarten, but has lately been getting lots of behavior accolades so I know that he knows how he is supposed to behave and hopefully his testing period will be short-lived.
For the first time in I think ever, Lance is a solo parent for the weekend (annual girls trip - can't wait), and it's a big one. The kids have soccer, soccer pictures, and we are snack parents for one of the games. Pick-up has to happen right after school on Friday, and he is missing a golf tournament that he really wanted to play in. They have big plans, though, and I know they will have fun. Friday night they are going to introduce Lance to "Frozen," in a revival of Family Movie Night without me, and I opted to fly this time instead of drive so I can get back at a more decent time on Sunday. I apologize for another post with no pictures - I'll try to remedy that soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment