Sunday, March 2, 2014

Book Character Day

The kids are supposed to dress up like book characters tomorrow and we have procrastinated because all along we though they would be a cowgirl and cowboy (the other option since the whole week is themed "Gone Country").  Well, this weekend I hit up a few consignment sales looking for cowboy boots with no luck and went to Target only to find they are $30!  I don't think either one of the kids would wear them $30 worth, especially coming in to Spring and Summer, so we abandoned that plan.  Once we got home we started halfheartedly trying to think of outfits - halfheartedly because I was sure school would be cancelled due to the "impending" ice storm.  Well, no word yet, and knowing how this winter has gone everything predicted will miss us - so it is time to get serious about planning what they will wear in the morning.  Tyler will kind of go with the flow so I think we can figure out something for him, but Katie has been super picky (go figure)!  We finally decided on Fancy Nancy and this is the beginning of our preparations!
I will either post whatever we came up with soon, or school will be cancelled and hopefully give us more time and it may be a completely different idea.  I don't know if we are ever going to get this dress off of Katie, though - she has rediscovered it and is loving dancing around the house! 

Katie's first soccer practice is supposed to be tomorrow, but the coach is likely going to cancel due to weather.  Tyler will typically have practice on Sunday afternoons, but it was moved to Wednesday, again because of weather.  Regardless, their first game is this Saturday - even if they don't get a practice in - should be interesting  :)!


No comments: