Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Birthday Celebration

Well - the birthday party was this weekend and the kids had a blast!  The adults were mostly just hot - but I was glad for no rain.  They set the inflatable up in the morning and with the exception of when we made them go with us to Publix to pick up the cake and ice, and last minute party supplies - the kids played all morning and then during the party and then some after!  We definitely got as much use out of the slide and bouncer as we could!  The slide was on a slight downhill and it was pretty serious!  The kids were flying down it and I was afraid the whole time that someone was going to get hurt (a girl did fly off the end after the party and I put a stop to the kids going down at that point - figure we had pushed our luck to the limit)!  Lance and I tried it out, as well, and once was enough for me.  I almost ended up on the grass, too!  It really was fun, though, and the kids said it was the "best party ever" so I'm glad we finally relented and let them have a big blow-out. There were about 25 kids in attendance which made it pretty chaotic, but really fun!

A few pics!

 Notice how perilously close to the edge she is and then that she doesn't land until the corner (often with a face plant)!   

  Katie looks "thrilled" - I think there was some kind of debate over who got the cake toppers!  


Because we are insane, we let the celebration continue on Monday!  A client of Lance's gave us four tickets to Holiday World.  We had never been and had heard that it was fun - and since we love water parks we wanted to go when it was still open.  That meant Monday after the party was the only day we could do it - so, exhausted and worn out after our big day on Sunday (and with some things still not put away from the party - but oh, well) we drove to Santa Claus, Indiana to spend the day at Holiday World.  It was awesome!  They have great water slides and play areas and we didn't even get to do everything in the water part.  We definitely didn't hit all of the areas of the amusement park side either (they have Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and 4th of July sections) - but we did some rides, too!  We were all worn out with aching legs (the park is surprisingly hilly, and we had been running around all day on Sunday) so we left at about 4:30.  We all wanted to do more, but the walk to the car confirmed that we left when we needed to!  It was a great day and we will definitely go back.  My phone (aka camera) died almost immediately so I didn't get many pictures (couldn't have anyway when we were in the water park - where we spent most of our time), but it was so kitschy (in a really fun way) that I wished I could get more!  The whole time it reminded me of Wally World on National Lampoons Vacation and they even played "Holiday Road" a few times while we were there - it was great!





No comments: