An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Taking a Trip
Well, the kids are a little over seven months old now and we are taking them on their first long trip! We are going to see my parents and it is about an 8 hour drive. Eight hours before kids, who knows how long it will take now! We are going to have to stop along the way to feed them and we are going to visit with my Aunt who lives about halfway so I am thinking it will take about 10 hours in the car. Correct that, van! Yep, got a minivan - should work out well for the trip since I don't know what we would do without their bumbos (for feeding), their jumperoo (like crack to Katie), and of course bottles, veggies, fruit, spoons, sleep gear (pack and play), etc. No way would we have fit it all in Lance's 4-runner! We'll see how they do - that is a long time for them to just sit in their carseats and they aren't really yet at the age where we can pop a dvd in and entertain them so it should be interesting. I haven't been home, though, in forever - since before I was pregnant with these munchkins and it is my mom's birthday and Easter so we are giving it a go. It will be a quick trip - leaving Friday early morning and driving back early Sunday - but it is better than nothing. Hopefully, I'll get some Easter pics and put them up when I get back! No real news on the kids - still no teeth for the slobbering Katie, not sitting up yet on their own but they are talking more and seem to be doing good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment