Well, Tyler almost has teeth. I would have bet you money that Katie would be the first one with teeth - she is drooling like crazy these days, chewing on anything and everything, and other than fussiness seems to have all the signs. Tyler on the otherhand has not been as profusely drooling (although he does still drool of course), and I didn't think he had the signs. He has had the eye infection/cold thing for about a week now and the last couple of days has been a little fussy (but easily distracted), and hasn't been eating solids well. Dummy me, didn't put two and two together until tonight when he was whining when he typically doesn't and felt warm. I decided to take his temperature just to make sure he was not getting sick and as I was picking him up from the Bumbo he took hold of my thumb and shoved it in his mouth and began to gnaw on it. As he did I felt something sharp and low and behold he has two little white sharp almost teeth! They are not fully in yet, but hopefully they are beyond the point that was most painful and he handled it pretty well.
I honestly thought he was a little more fussy than usual because he was so tired (wakefulness - another sign I missed) - our little wild man has been so active lately. Just last night he figured out how to roll repeatedly to try to get what he wants (in this case Marley) and he spent so much time rolling back and forth yesterday and today that I just assumed he was exhausted. We are in BIG trouble now, time to take the trip to Target to pick up all the safety stuff because now that he has figured out how to get from Point A to Point B it is on! I, of course know that crawling is a ways away but I am amazed at how much he can move with just a little roll - he can move from one end of the bed to the other in just the amount of time it takes to prepare the bath and he checks out every crevice of his crib at night. Speaking of cribs - I have to sign-off to go check on Katie again, she is making me SO nervous. She just loves sleeping on her tummy and can now do it at will so it is pretty pointless to try to keep her on her back. The problem is that she likes to lay her head on her hands and look down at the sheets and I worry that she can't breathe so of course I have to go look in on her multiple times a night - so much for that whole sleeping thing, huh.
No comments:
Post a Comment