Marie and Liz took babysitting duty for us last night (THANK YOU SO MUCH) - I had an event at work and dragged Lance along with me. I think the kids did alright - Katie was a little pill but that was to be expected, she is not too keen on different people feeding her and putting her to bed for some reason. No worries though because Marie is akin to the baby whisperer and got her settled down enough to eat and go to sleep! She was probably exhausted because we also took them to a friend's 1 year birthday party yesterday. They did pretty good, but Katie just gets pretty overwhelmed in crowds - I don't know why since she does ok at daycare with the chaos but everytime we have taken her to a party or get together she kind of freaks out. I kind of get disappointed because nobody outside of us and family get to see her as she really is - babbling, happy and usually all smiles - when we are out she gets grumpy and clingy but like everything else I am sure it is just a stage.
They are sitting better and better each day and I think Tyler is on the verge of figuring out forward instead of backward. I think Katie is just watching him until he figures it out and then she'll join in - I think she'd just rather him endure the trial and error :-)!
No comments:
Post a Comment