I also think it is about time we stop feeding the babies in the bumbos but high chairs don't really work in our house since our table in the kitchen is pretty high and the table in the dining room is kind of low! Maybe it is just my particular highchairs - but anyway I am debating on buying trays for the bumbos so the kids can practice picking up food, their sippie cups, etc. or getting one of these - 

I think the kids chubby little legs might be too big for a bumbo and tray combo and I think this would be good to still set them on the table for a little while and then eventually in a chair of our choosing or out to a restaurant etc. My dilemma though is that I don't want to be yet another contraption that doesn't get used. Case in point - I bought a bath safety seat that has been used exactly once! Part of the reason is because Lance likes using the tub on the counter and doesn't care that he gets splashed like crazy these days - it is worth it to him not to bend over the tub but it is still just another thing junking up our house that isn't getting used! The reviews on this booster seat are great but I don't know anyone in real life who actually uses it or something like it, or do I?
3 comments:
Shellie, I got the Evenflo convertible carseat, and I love it! It is not as huge as the Britax, but it did get a high safety rating in Consumer Reports. And it costs a lot less!
The high chair was the most disgusting piece of equipment we've had so far. If you decide to get them, get wooden ones that will be easy to wipe out. The Chico high chair I got was plastic and had a vinyl cover. It had about 1 million cracks and crevices for food to get stuck in, which it always did. I switched to a booster seat and LOVE IT. I can put the whole thing in the dishwasher.
I had a bath seat too...used it once.
Sorry, I've taken over your comments. I actually wrote a post about how many baby product decisions there are to make and how I always make the wrong one first (except for that Evenflo carseat)! http://mrskatherine.blogspot.com/2008/03/one-with-all-baby-stuff.html
Hey babe, Jaden is sleeping and I was lurking the IF pages and found your link!
We have the booster seat you showed and still use it whenever my niece comes over and she's 2 now. For what it's worth, I was at a 1 year olds birthday party two weeks ago and several mom were saying how they love their booster seat/travel high chair much better than their full size high chair.
Holly
Shellie- We just bought the Evenflo Triumph and are happy so far. It's 1/2 the price as the Britax and got just as good safety ratings, plus a lot of my friends said that they took their Britax back b/c the kids were uncomfortable and switched to the Evenflo. Hope that helps!
p.s. we hate our highchair- it's the Graco- hard to clean and disgusting already after only 1 month of use. We'll probably be switching to the booster seats that hook to the regular chairs soon.
Post a Comment