I just got back from my annual girls trip and the kids stayed with my dad for the long weekend. They took some really cute pictures that I will have to get from them of the kids with their first bath together and some others of Tyler trying out his new skill (pulling up) and Katie still doing nothing :-)! Tyler got two teeth while he was there (great timing Sweet T), and Katie learned patty cake and a really funny yell (probably got it from her Aunts Emily and Molly who are 2 and 3). We are so, so thankful that my dad (Pa Pa) and "Tia" kept them and the kids seemed to have a blast. They love getting so much attention and really enjoy "playing" with toddlers. I had an awesome trip and the first time for either of us (me or Lance) away from the kids worked out pretty good. I was, of course, the over-protective mom calling multiple times a day and Lance really missed the munchkins and wanted the updates too but they seemed pretty understanding and everytime I called the kids were laughing in the background and were having a great time at the grandparents.
I learned a good lesson through it all too - our schedule is great and works well for our life and I really do think it is best for the kids, but every now and then they can stay up late or eat at a different time and they will be just fine. The trip down was wonderful (they got to see their great Aunt Niffa and Uncle Bill), being at the beach with the girls was just what I needed, and I am so happy that the grandparents got to spend time with the little ones - the only bad part of the whole thing was the two hours + of tag team crying on the way home. They just were completely over being in the car, were super tired because Katie refuses to sleep in a vehicle, were constantly poopy (probably teething for Tyler, who knows for Katie) and we got behind even more than just for the diaper changes and feedings because we had to stop on the side of the road for a while in a bad Alabama storm, but we are home now safe and sound and they are sleeping and we are so happy to get to go to bed with the sound of the white noise in the monitor and our precious little ones sleeping in the other room!
No comments:
Post a Comment