The babies are doing better - they still have very, very sore bottoms but they only scream now when you change them and not so much when they are just sitting and playing (or at least that was what happened this morning). I gave them cheerios and crackers yesterday trying to keep their meals bland and Katie is definitely her mom's girl - she LOVES the starches!
I have decided to give up the battle of trying to keep pieces of the mat out of their mouths. I learned that if I just let Tyler pull a piece up and chew on it then he doesn't continue to crawl over and destroy the mat. I was trying to enforce no and take it away from him and redirect but that was exhausting and it really won't hurt him to chew on some foam - I'll save my energy for the harmful stuff that he is bound to get into. He is all over the place and it is soon only going to get worse. He is trying to pull up and get himself into standing position (and is getting really frustrated that he can't do it on his own yet) and crawls to the one thing in every room that he is in that he is not supposed to have. I am beginning to sound like a broken record but it really is time to full-force babyproof! It is becoming very obvious that we have no clue what we are in for when both of these little munchkins are mobile and into everything - I am having trouble handling Tyler now and he isn't exactly speedy!
Here are some pics of their mat eating adventures!



No comments:
Post a Comment