An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Katie Is Getting It
Well, I went into the room to check to see why Katie was not taking her nap and found her sitting! She has done it twice today and neither time did I see how she did it. I think she might be using her brother or the crib rails for leverage but at least she has figured it out a couple of times and maybe that will prompt her to keep trying. I am not too keen on her becoming as mobile as Tyler just yet, but if she can learn to sit-up on her own things will be a bit easier. Right now she is an easy target for her bully brother since he just mangles her and she can't get away. Plus, when he knocks her over she is then stuck laying down and can't figure out how to get back to sitting and whining ensues. They have both started mimicing yells which is too cute. They can both hold their own bottles now, but it seems to take a lot longer to feed them these days since they play with the bottle half the time. Nevertheless, when you try to take over they grab it from your hands as if to already say "I can do it by myself." Still don't have the hang of the sippy cups (no matter which one we try), but we had a little success with these new ones I bought that have a straw and more of a bottle shape so hopefully we can get that going. They are eating three meals a day now and have tried yogurt, cottage cheese, and crackers. I am still scared to death to give them food so that's about it so far. They will soon be ten months old (so hard to believe) and before we know it they will be one year and we will stop with formula (woohoo). BUT, I have got to get them used to drinking from the cups and eating more foods first - maybe I will focus on that as soon as we get back from South Carolina (just around the corner - looking forward to it but nervous as heck about the drive).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment