Well, this morning was the first try at the big carseats. Katie was a fan, Tyler not so much. We have only managed to install them in my car and will get them in Lance's soon. My car (mini-van - I might as well get used to saying that) is easier because I have the latch system - Lance doesn't and it is a royal pain. Our big hope now is that the seats fit in his truck - they are bigger than I thought, especially rear facing. We wanted to move them into these before the trip to see if they might work better and I think they will be more comfortable, but I hate them because I can't see the kids. The backs of the seats block out the mirrors and I have gotten used to just being able to look back and see what is happening. The new recommendation is to keep them rear-facing until TWO, we'll have to do more research on if that truly is the case or not. Lance has a hurt back so I was responsible for the install - we might just wait until his back is feeling better to get the others in. We were able to get four seats and the ones we ended up with seem really cushy and like good seats - thank you so, so much to my Grandpa (the kids Great Grandpa) OB for helping us with the seats - I don't know what we would have done with only two. Here are some pics of the kids in the seats and a few more I took in the last couple of days.
As long as Katie has toys she doesn't care where she sits!
Maybe Tyler didn't like it because he didn't have any toys - or because of that sun!

Katie is getting a few curls!

and learning how to crawl!

Tyler is loving being able to stand and play with everything.

But, most of all he wants to do what we don't want him to - like play with that vent he is eyeing.

Katie is such a girl, her favorite toy is the phone - although she does love remote controls and keys too!

No comments:
Post a Comment