Friday, July 31, 2009

Granparents are Awesome!

Last night I had to go to an awards banquet and So So and Grandpa watched the kids for us. It was a long night since we had to be there at 5:30 which meant they had to keep track of the curious little things for a while (they are everywhere in our house looking for trouble), then feed them, then dress them for bed (a task for sure since they fight with all their might to not have their diapers changed or clothes put on them), then give them a bottle and finally put them to bed. The poor things have not had a bath in a couple of days - Wednesday night we got home too late, last night we thought that would just be a little much, and tonight Lance is on his own so it won't happen again. We have stinky babies! I digress, they did all of this for the babies while Katie was being a BIG grump. She went with her brother to the Doctor and screamed at everyone she came in contact with - the nurse, the doctor, people in the waiting room... Our pediatrician said that at her age this is completely normal and to be expected, but it makes me feel so bad! She is a sweet, funny little thing and nobody gets to see anything but her big crocodile tears and hear her powerful lungs! Oh well, I am sure this will be over soon like every other stage we have been through. Thank you so much to So So and their Grandpa for putting up with the yelling and taking care of the kids for us - we really, really appreciate it!

Still no pictures - we got some video this morning of Katie pulling up next to her brother but I still haven't figured out how to post videos :-(! I also don't know yet about the date and time of the kids birthday party but I will make a decision soon!

No comments: