An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Katie, Katie, Katie
Oh, boy are we in for it with this little girl. She sure is a spitfire and each day her little personality starts shining through and while it is cute as can be she is also showing signs of being pure T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Yesterday I went with Lance to pick the kids up from daycare so he could help me at the grocery store. I have wanted to use those two-seater kids carts before, but unless one is in the parking lot (which one has never been so far) I can't figure out how to get them into the store and into the cart by myself. I have circled the lot a couple of times looking for someone to leave one or for one of the cart boys to be out for me to ask to bring one out but no luck. So, with Lance's help we get them in the store and into the carts and the kids LOVED it. Katie was literally laughing out loud and smiling and having a grand old time "driving" around the store. Tyler liked it too, but not as much as Bug. Anyway, when we went to take her out of the cart she had a MAJOR fit - screaming and kicking her legs and arching her back to try to get out of our arms and then the carseat. She was letting us know in no uncertain terms that she was not happy not getting her way. She did the same thing when after eating I took her mushy, wet wagon wheel away because she was just playing with it and not eating and then again when we didn't let her play with the computer cord, the remote control, or Marley's tail. Luckily, there were some really cute moments too. While in the cart we bumped into something (those things are hard to drive) and I said uh oh - and Katie repeated it a couple of times. Then when I was telling Tyler NO later on when he was climbing something he wasn't supposed to Katie shook her head and looked at me with this huge grin like ha ha, my brother is in trouble. That was the first time I have seen her shake her head no but I am sure there will be many more times and not nearly as cute when she is really trying to tell me NO! Tyler is still concentrating more on getting mobile - he can squat now and is close to standing without holding on to something and he is learning how to open drawers and cabinets. He is getting a lot better at Ma Ma Ma but neither of them know who Ma Ma or Da Da are yet. We put Katie's crocs on her and when I tried to take them away I got another screech, but I guess I do want her to like to wear shoes so we'll go with it this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment