Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What a night!

Tyler bit Katie and broke the skin. They were fighting over a toy that before that neither of them were interested in. Then, Tyler got a bit of his own medicine and screamed while eating because he would bite off the top of the cracker and then when he would try to get the rest in his hand he would bite his fingers. Katie screamed everytime I came near her with a spoon or anything to put in her mouth - she only wanted what she fed herself and she wasn't feeding herself much of anything. I am not sure these are really my kids because neither of them like the mashed potatoes we tried tonight! They are becoming stubborn, independent little stinkers and combined with newfound mobility and the inevitable bumps and bruises and the feeding challenges that are sure to only get worse, I am kind of at a loss as to how to handle it all. Oh boy, this is tough. I just hope this is a short stage if for no other reason because they will start losing weight if our hour long feeding sessions continue like this!

No comments: