Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He took a step!

Tyler took his first steps! It was, of course, completely unintentional but he did it. He was practicing standing on his own and had a drumstick (for an instrument, not chicken) in each hand. They have started wanting to give us things that they are holding and I was sitting a bit away from him and he apparently wanted to give me the sticks. He took two little steps while standing and was at my legs and held on - I wish I hadn't been so close to see what could have happened! He did it again yesterday once and only one step before he went into the squat. I think he will only attempt it, for now, when he is distracted since he didn't mean to be so adventurous! Katie has let go a couple of times when standing so standing on her own might not be too far away.

I tried to get Tyler to recreate the moment while I had my cell phone camera out, but he wouldn't do it. Probably because he has also just learned how to "walk" while holding on to your hands and he doesn't want to let go because he likes walking. I feel like such a bad mom for the late notice to you guys since this happened a couple of days ago but as the old saying goes when it rains it pours and things have been pretty hectic and stressful lately. Anyway, on to happier things - like pictures! Lance has to get a new camera to take pictures of a listing of his so soon we should have better pics than these taken with my phone!

Tyler, so happy "walking"

Katie clapping for her brother when me and Lance were clapping

Tyler trying to pretend he wasn't going for the stairs before I said "no"
Katie loved her new dress from Grandma Barnhart - she was dancing!

No comments: